Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wedding Season is Over


Wedding season is officially over! It is hard to believe that in the past nine months, I have had a part in over 70 events, mostly weddings. I have been through a roller coaster of emotions. From feeling elated that it ACTUALLY happened, to disappointed that the band really did throw a fit, exhaustion, coffee jitters, hunger pains, belly aches from too much wedding cake, I can sit here now and say that I am so proud of all that has happened this year.


People always question why I don't have the baby bug yet. Well, mostly my girlfriends in NC. My New York brides think it's crazy that I am 27 and already hounded when I'm going to pop out a baby. I think the real reason I don't have the baby bug, yet at least, is that for the past year, this job has been a child to me. It wakes me up in the morning with excitement for the new day. It wakes me up at night in fear that I forgot to order the linens or did not specifically tell the Chef about that one food allergy of the bride's second cousin. It is all consuming but completley rewarding. It is not a job, it is the (second) love of my life. One day, maybe sooner than later, I'll get the baby bug. For now, I'm taking my first love to New York City for his very first time.

Photo by the insanely talented Millie Holloman.
Kristin and Larry Shembri, married October 10, 2009 at the Bald Head Island Club

No comments:

Post a Comment