Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 21 of Things I Love: MEN

Now first things first, I have to express my excitement over the fact that I was asked to do this guest post! I met Linds (abbrev'ing is ok because I feel like we're destined to be friends) through my bff and "sister" friend K! Fifi Cheek is part of my daily routine, and I hope I do her fantastic blog justice!!

With that said, it's time to get down to business!

When I say I love "men" this is not a general blessing that extends to everyone, so don't high five your buddies just yet! ;)

I'm not loving on all men or just any man (unless of course, your name starts with an A and ends with a -lan), I'm referring to the well-dressed MAN (note the capitals) oozing with personal style, charm, and confidence. I'm by no means an expert on menswear, and every girl has her personal faves, but I think it's safe to say all us ladies can agree on several things...

1. There is never a situation where trying too hard and Ed Hardy are acceptable.
2. Tattooing the car you drive down the side of your body is not going to make us want to ride in it more- so just don't.
3. Personal style is key. If I can't tell the difference between you and your "brothers" please go home and re-think your outfit in an original way. Thanks.
4. It takes a special guy to rock the skinny look and if it's not you there would be several grateful parties involved if you would just stick to the classics.
5. Unless your name is Kobe, Lebron, or Dwight Howard, basketball jerseys do not constitute as everyday sportswear.
6. No explanation needed.

I could go on, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words! Here is a sampling of these oh so stylish "Men" that I speak of...












all images via

1 comment: