Monday, April 5, 2010

A Simpler Life

It's been a while because my life has been chaotic these past few weeks. Wedding season is upon us, and with that comes a lot of long hours, a lot of sleepless nights, as well as a lot of noise. Do you know what I am talking about? Not loud noise, although for the most part things are VERY loud; but a lot of chaos and commotion and wasted time of worrying. I am in the process of planning to simplify my life. I long for a simple, more quiet, less stressful life. Gone the three hour a day commute, gone the hundreds of emails a day; I want the me that I lost with all of that noise back. I hope I can do it, because this is a lot to give up. Most days, I love all of the "noise" that surrounds me. It is exciting and I do something that I absolutely love. I just need a little space to breath, a space to refocus and energize. I need to see my husband and my friends. I want to have cookouts and dinner parties and leisurely afternoons on the weekend. I know that they say the grass is always greener, but this time, I really think it is.
Thanks for listening and please send along any encouraging words because this is a big leap I am preparing to take. In the meantime, I want to share some fabulous gals that have chosen a simplified life.
First up is author Josie Curren. Her and her boyfriend live in England on a house boat. Yes, a house boat. My husband would die to do this and I can't blame him. How much fun would it be to wake up and have breakfast while cruising on the water? Have a few friends over for fresh fish and cocktails? Perfection.


2 comments:

  1. You will have the most stylish version of a simplified life I can imagine! Can't wait to see what you do when you have time to breathe, re-group, and re-energize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you re-group can you re-energize my life with your effortless style. Fifi how did you get so Scheek?

    ReplyDelete