Thursday, July 29, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On



My life is about to change drastically and I couldn't be happier....
Tomorrow is my last day on the island.

Working on an island that requires you to drive an hour, then spend another 20 minutes on a boat, and then spend yet another twenty minutes on a golf cart just to get to my office is so not glamorous. Not even a little bit. Commuting almost three hours a day is a lifestyle that I am ready to be rid of. I have been working on this island for two years, and although I have loved my job, I am ready for a change and am excited about what the future holds. I am really excited about having "me" time and starting a routine that doesn't involve a long drive every day. Here is my list of things I want to accomplish in the next two months to have a more balanced, simplified life.

 
1. Run or go to a yoga class at least four times a week.
2. Have lunch with at least 10 friends.
3. Organize my closet
4. Have a huge yard sale and de-clutter closets and attic
5. Go to farmer's market and buy local produce
6. Print out photos from camera and organize into albums.
7. Visit parents for the weekend
8. Have in-laws for an overnight stay and make dinner
9. Read two books
10. Visit a few different Churches
11. Update blog design
12. Cook dinner five nights a week
13. Make breakfast every morning
14. Start a compost in the backyard
15. No TV at least a few days a week
16. Go to the beach at least twice a week
17. Go camping
18. Detox for one week
19. Relax more often
20. Entertain with friends at home
I am so lucky to have this opportunity and am fortunate that I have a super supporting husband. What are things that you would want to accomplish if your life was about to change for the better?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Congrats! You're finally doing it. I love your check list. You're going to have the best time!

    ReplyDelete