Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stylist Crush: Joy Thigpen

Happy Thursday! I was lucky enough to spend the 4th of July with some great new and old friends. Millie Holloman is my neighbor and a fab photographer that I have the pleasure of working with throughout the year on events. We all rode our bicycles downtown to watch the fireworks and then came back to the house for dessert and good conversations. She told me about the Love Affair workshop that she does every year and how she had the opportunity to work with Joy Thigpen, an incredible wedding stylist based out of Atlanta. I had seen some of Joy's work, but had never really spent time combing through her website. That night, I spent hours looking through all of her projects and fell in total love with her design aesthetic . Here are a few of my favorite images, but check out her website for even more inspiration!


Isn't her style killer? A wedding stylist isn't just a floral designer; they design the entire look and feel of your wedding. It tells a story and they put their touch on everything, from the way the bar is set up to how the food looks, making sure the band doesn't have cheesy lights, or there isn't any polyester white skirting used on food tables. It is a growing trend in weddings but well worth the time, effort, and money it takes to hire a wedding stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment