Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This year has been the year of change, the year of growth, and the year that I had a lot of long term goals and dreams become reality. 

I quit a job with a steady pay check and health insurance (and a three hour commute) to start my own company; then was overjoyed when I was asked to be a part of a well known and loved event design company in Wilmington. I'm humbled and inspired every day and I know that I am right where I am supposed to be. 

I gave my husband daily heart attacks by buying, reupholstering, wallpapering, draping, and painting nearly every inch of our house. I spent a lot of time browsing design blogs and emailing my dear friend, and brilliant interior designer, Sarah Harmon. My house is now a well-loved space that finally feels like home.

My husband took me to Paris, a place that I have been dreaming about for as long as I can remember. 

I cried a lot and made a lot of mistakes. I prayed a lot and became stronger this year because of those mistakes. A lot of good things came out of some of those mistakes. 

Friends got married, friends became pregnant, and friends got divorced. I'm amazed by their grace and strength through all of these things. 

I cooked, practiced yoga, started training for a 10k (and quit shortly after), hosted grown up dinner parties, bought a house, started a garden (and then killed the garden), blogged, and made a lot of new friends. This year has been so full of friends and change and love and excitement. I’m looking forward to 2011 and all of it’s possibilities.


Images by Mike Monteiro

No comments:

Post a Comment