Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 22 of Things I Love... Ina Garten


My love for the Barefoot Contessa is beyond. Her food is so good, even when I make it, and her show has a sick way of totally relaxing me. I think it's because she has the same calmness that my mom does when she is in the kitchen, and she makes everything look so easy. I (sometimes) love to cook, and when I do, my go to recipes are usually from one of her cookbooks. 
My favorite recipe is the mustard roasted fish. I make it with parmesan-roasted broccoli, and dill fingerling potatoes.  

  • 4 (8-ounce) fish fillets such as red snapper
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 ounces creme fraiche
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
  • 2 tablespoons minced shallots
  • 2 teaspoons drained capers

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
 Place the fish fillets skin side down on the sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Combine the creme fraiche, 2 mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it's barely done. (The fish will flake easily at the thickest part when it's done.) Be sure not to overcook it! Serve hot or at room temperature with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top.
Snapper can be expesive, so I use tilapia instead. I also only use 1/2 of the creme fraiche to save a few calories. Creme fraiche is a little hard to find, but Fresh Market always has it right in the dairy aisle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment