Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Y'all!

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here! This is my first year not going to my parents house (tears are coming out now) but it's time for the husband and I to start our own traditions. When I think of Christmas, I think of going to church, seeing my family, exchanging gifts, reading the Christmas story, watching The Christmas Story over and over on TBS, and of course, eating lots and lots of great food. While I may not be able to replicate all of those traditions exactly here, I can certainly try by starting our own traditions. First on the list... food. And lots of it!

We are going to my in-laws tonight but will be back in town tomorrow in time for me to make a decadent Christmas Eve dinner of fettuccine Alfredo. We hardly ever eat pasta, but I think it's a great one pot dish and will be perfect with a good bottle of red wine. Our neighbors are doing fondue Christmas Eve night, so what's better than pasta, wine, and dark chocolate? 

Christmas morning, we will wake up, open presents, and of course Tilley-Gray will have presents to open from Santa! I'm making an overnight French Toast Casserole that I made last year from Ezra Pound Cake. It is so good and super easy to make. 


For Christmas dinner, we are making a short rib pot pie. I'm a bit nervous about this because I have never made it, but I'm thinking that if all else fails, we can have cheese, bread, and wine for dinner! 
It looks so yummy and cozy and perfect for a Christmas Day dinner!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Last year my son was 6 weeks during Christmas. Best gift imaginable!!! Tilley-Gray is adorable! Congratulations!!

    The short rib pot pie looks amazing! How did it go? My poor husband didn't get a home cooked meal for months after I had him.:)

    ReplyDelete