Monday, March 19, 2012

This past week was a whirlwind, but so much fun. I had three fun parties that I helped put together including a birthday party for Shannon, a trunk show for Monkee's, and a shower for my step-sister, Constance. I was too busy having fun girl time at Shannon's party to take any photos, and you can see photos of the trunk show on the Monkee's blog soon. I did manage to sneak in some photos this weekend and I'm so glad that I did!

Mom and I made all of the food for Constance's shower on Friday. She is an incredible cook and I am hoping to one day be as good as she is! I learned some tricks this weekend that I can't wait to try out on my own. 

We had to play a few games at the shower, one in which I had the chance to dress up Aunt Jean in a toilet paper wedding dress. She has been engaged four times, but never married. I asked her if she kept the diamonds and she said "absolutely." Fiesty little thing. 

My grandparents came up on Sunday. My Papa is one of my favorite people in the whole world and I love seeing  him and Tilley-Gray together. 

On the way back home yesterday, Tilley-Gray had a complete melt down right around Chapel Hill so we decided to stop and get some fresh air. We all needed it. We took her for a walk along Franklin Street for the first time. 

We ended up in the front of Gray's old fraternity house. Times have certainly changed!

We got married almost five years ago and had our reception at the the Carolina Inn, one of my very favorite hotels. They just went under a huge renovation and the rooms are gorgeous. 

I love the blue paint and the white dinnerware. So classic!

UNC was playing Creighton and Tilley-Gray was done with her meltdown so we decided to pop into the Carolina Inn bar for a quick dinner while we watched the second half of the game. (I know, a baby in a bar, but it's a a classy one.)

The Carolina Inn bar feels like a living room in someone's home. It's so cozy and comfortable. 

UNC won, Tilley-Gray was relaxed, and I had a big glass of red wine before we got back on the road (Gray was driving). It was a successful stop on the long ride home. 

I hope your weekend was great as well! I have so much unpacking to do, but we are going to enjoy this 80 degree weather as much as we can by spending it outside.

3 comments:

  1. That is one precious baby girl! Love Chapel Hill. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Jean sounds Amazing!!! Looks like an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Aunt is so cute & I bet Tilley-Gray is cute even when she is having a meltdown! I love Chapel Hill, that bar looks so cozy. Where did you get that pretty eyelet top? xo

    ReplyDelete